Make your dream country life come true.
For over a decade, the BBC’s hit rural property series ‘Escape to the Country’ has helped thousands of would-be country dwellers do just that. Now Jules Hudson shares his experience of seeking out captivating country homes in this inspiring and practical guide.
Himself an escapee, Jules answers many of the key questions that have come up during hundreds of house hunts in some of the most beautiful and sought-after parts of the UK, including:
- Where to go and what to buy
- The highs and lows of taking on a ‘project’
- Going green and creating an eco home for the future
- Living the good life; top tips for smallholdings
- Working from home; what does it take to create a successful rural business?
Throughout this guide, Jules highlights his ten favourite regions and offers viable alternatives to some of the pricier hotspots. Combining his invaluable insight and passion for country life, this is the perfect book to help you look before you leap and turn your own ambition of an escape to the country into reality.